Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Finding church clothes that can be worn without buying an additional piece is hard. But Church Dress encourages you to make that extra effort. If you have a strapless or halter dress, a cardigan, shrug, caplet or bolero is a perfect solution. It may cost an extra $30 bucks but it will definitely keep the eyes of your brothers- and sisters- on the Cross and not your gorgeous back!
Another Church Dress Dilemma solved!
Me rocking my brown sweater Caplet as a casual look. Tash shows us how it can be worn for church. She is wearing a simple grey shrug that compliments her patterned dress.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Admist all the bustle here are a few ideas to be fashionably cozy, classy and comfortable on Christmas Day.
1) Wear a Bow- In your hair, around your neck, on a hat... anywhere!
2) Be festive in Red- Wearing red is very easy to do and for sure you will compliment the season!
3) Breathe Easy in a Trapeze dress- This dress has no waist band or darts. So eating that extra bit of turkey will not be a problem.
I wore my hint of Gold and a Trapeze Dress on Christmas day!
4) A Hint of Gold- Church Dress is not suggesting that you wear a golden wig. Instead, a lovely blouse or vest with gold pinstripes will add just enough shimmer to any look.
5) Plaid- Dolce and Gabbana featured this print in their Fall/ Winter 2008 Collection. If you want to be fashion forward you can wear two plaids together. Pick two plaid of different sizes and wear them in one outfit. Be the next Chanel Iman!
6) Sweaters- Who doesn't love a chunky sweater. To make a sweater fitted, pair it with a large belt. For the men, patterned sweaters are trendy and cozy.
7) Argyle- Argyle has always been associated with Fall/Winter and again it is the easiest design to wear. Bring nerdy back!
8) Sweater Vest it up- Men, sweater vests are hot. No pun Intended.
9) Tall Socks- These socks are sweet and warm like a mug of hot chocolate. They can be worn with your brown summer Bermuda shorts or your knee length skirts.
10) Tweed- Pants, jackets, ties, skirts and vests. Anything tweed is perfect for Christmas day!
Merry Christmas from Church Dress ... For the Church Fashionista!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Well this post is not suppose to be a sermon. Church Dress just wants you to remember the TITHE-ings. We know money is tight with the recession and the many necessities of life but do not second guess giving your tithe this season. Your Blessings are sure once you give as God as asked! God asks only for a small amount of your earnings and no amount is to too little. Take out our Hermes Wallet ( see Above) and give! I sure will.
If you can go the extra mile, give your tithe and a bit more.You have so much to give God thanks for... He wouldn't mind an extra dollar in that tithe envelope. The blessings will overtake you , right Tash?
"All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God" Deuteronomy 28:2.
Monday, December 22, 2008
New Year's Eve 2008 is around the corner and everyone is trying to find an outfit that will standout. Church Dress suggests that you stand out from the rest with a Fascinator. These easy to wear head pieces are cute, fun and can be added to any outfit. They can come in a few styles. Some have a comb that can easily be put in your hair. Others are actual headbands. Traditional Fascinators have a hat like base that sits on your head. It's different but its definitely worth a try. Try it and see if you like it.
Church Dress has made it a MustWear!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
The Shades of Fall
The Fall season is always a refreshing time as it displays changes in nature around us as well as in our choice of dress. As the weather cools down, it is oh so important to maintain your level of cool by wearing the hottest shades that this season will bring.
The top 5 colours to wear this fall season are:
Blue- can be highlighted with purple to create that shock value
Royal Lilac- This rich lilac is light and whimsical, yet remains professional and a colour of confidence.
Deep Red- This bold colour is also is a great mix of deep Purple and Red. Its darkness is elegant and will create a richer more mature way of viewing the colour Red.
Burnt Orange and Toasty Brown- These beautiful colours not only compliments its fall surroundings, but most skin tones. It is most appreciated when worn at the forefront of an outfit or as a major accent.
Mustard Yellow- What a delicious and mellow feel this colour brings to the season of changes! It remains traditional! The colour is so pure and clean, it can be worn in a simple piece yet stand out in crowds.
- Elise Beckles
Get your Church Dress On!
Church Dress was created in January of 2008 by a young church fashionista that wanted to make the fashion world a part of the church. The initial idea was crafted by Aquila Q. Guerra and sparked excitement in the minds of fellow high fashion personnel such as Elise Beckles, Kami Duntin and Cherith Burke.
This bright idea is now in the form of a website that features local Christian fashion icons and seasonal trends.
After seeing the standard to church clothing declining among youth and adults, She decided to make Church Dress mainstream and highly fashionable once again. As a child, she made her mark wearing couture dresses designed by her aunt and crafted by her mother. Her love for church fashion grew with her into adolescence. She was always seen sporting the newest scarf and trendy chunky heels. With this fashion history, what would you expect? Her love for Christ collided with fashion and www.Church Dress.ca is the product.
- A Parade of Colours
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Church Dress Team
- Clothing Sale
- Coco and lowe
- Fall Fashion
- Girls Night In
- Happy Birthday
- Holt Renfrew
- Just in
- Petite Feet Sample Shoe Sale
- Shannae Ingleton
- Spring 2010 Yorkdale
- Toronto Fashion Week
- We Heart
- Winter trends. Church Dress
- Yvonne Kai